Humans love treats and our brains are primed to want fuel. When you eat these cookies, make them with love and enjoy them with gusto. The ingredients I chose provide brain fuel, minimize inflammation for most people, and provide healing help for your brain.
I developed these cookies as a way to incorporate chaga mushrooms into my diet as part of my cancer-prevention strategy. Chaga mushrooms are super high in beta-glucans which feed your white blood cells so they speed around your body killing things that should not be there. While I use LifeCykel’s double liquid chaga extract daily, I see only positives from making these cookies too!
If you are worried enough about your immune function to find this recipe, you could probably use some help lowering your stress – hence the Ashwagandha in the recipe!
Moon Juice has interesting blends of adaptogenic herbs of excellent quality. I like Brain Dust almost as much as I like their Sex Dust 😉
Chocolate Chaga Brain Cookies
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8-1/4 tsp sea salt (with minerals!)
- 1/2 cup bittersweet or dark chocolate chips fair trade please!
- 2 scoops collagen powder to add protein
- 1 tsp chaga mushroom powder for your immune system
- t tsp Brain Dust from Moon Juice adaptogenic for your brain
- 1 tsp ashwagandha powder to improve how you handle stress
- 1/4 cup softened grass-fed butter its good and good for you!
- 2-3 Tbsp sorghum syrum from Next Step Produce
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract I make mine with rum
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl
- Add butter and other wet ingredients and blend
- Shape into 12 little round-ish shapes and place on a baking pan – I use a stoneware pan. You should use a safe non-toxic pan too.
- Bake for 10-15 min depending on your pan type. Stoneware pans always require longer times but they do not burn the cookies!