Zoa’s Nutrition Philosophy
Most of us have heard the adage “You Are What You Eat”. I prefer to think that we can change ourselves through what we choose to eat. We can eat and supplement ourselves to a better state of well-being both mentally and physically. There are so many delicious, good-for-us foods out there in the world! But buyer beware – there are so many more cheap, easy to grab foods that do not support optimal health.
Food is a basic human need, yet many struggle to figure out what to eat in order to properly feed both body and mind. Reading or talking to others about food too often feels like war or an unfriendly religious debate. We experience cravings. We get tired and busy. Our minds must decide what to eat. How do you know which foods work well for your particular body and mind right now? How do you know which changes to make in order to feel better not older?
Each body is a unique organism whose survival and ability to thrive must be discovered through experimentation and knowledge acquisition. There are basic food concepts that are honored around the world by those who live long, healthy, and fulfilling lives, but the devil is in the details.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. ~ Lao Tzu
How do we make changes to our diet and lifestyle when everything around us seems to add challenge? You are in the right place. Zoa serves as a guide for your nutritional journey to better health, increased vitality, and a joyful life!
Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis
Your hair is the window to understanding the healthy of your cells, whether your cellular function is good or struggling, and disease prevention.
3 Month Custom Supplement Subscription
The best supplements are ones that are bioavailable to your unique body, compliment your diet to give you a balanced nutrient intake, don’t break your piggy bank, and make you feel better when you take them. When you get a 3 month supplement subscription from me, we will use muscle testing to choose yours and to confirm that each requested supplement makes you feel stronger not weaker.
You choose your supplements from my curated selection including: minerals, vitamins, omega-3 fatty acids, medicinal mushroom extracts, and algae.
Organic Local Food Access
It takes a lot of legwork to obtain healthy and organic food from local farmers that you know and trust. It is easier to just go to the big box store and get “something”. I want to make it easier for you. Hippocrates said “Let Food By Thy Medicine” and it is still true today. At Zen and Vitality, you can pick up such wonderful choices: organic veges, fruits, grains, beans, cold pressed juices, and kombucha.
Nutrition & Your Wellness Action Plan
Tell Zoa your story. Explain what you seek. Learn about new options. See the world of nutrition through a new set of lenses. Think out loud and outside the box with Zoa.
When we are done talking, I will write up your action plan for the next 3 months. It is up to you to take action! I look forward to helping you accomplish your goals and watching you succeed!
Metabolic Flexibility Plan
Is your diet “healthy” enough to support your wellness goals? Can you efficiently make use of both fats and carbs to fuel your body and feel great? How can you do better? Let’s look at your food intake, supplement choices, eating patterns, mineral status of your cells, digestion indicators, exercise patterns, sleep quality and more. Metabolic flexibility is key to avoiding chronic lifestyle diseases like diabetes!
Guided Fasting Program for Women
Fasting could be your key to Wellness and Disease Prevention! You likely have many questions and need a bit of support to get started. I would love to have you join my Guided Fasting Program for Women. Together we will journey for 2 months into the field of fasting for wellness.
Food Based Supplements
Food should be the first thing you think of when it comes to fabulous nutrition. Sometimes the food you get at the grocery store is less than healthful however. At Zen and Vitality, you can get a subscription of gut health supporting kombucha (homemade) or superfood algae (spirulina or chlorella) for energy and detox support.
Every time you eat or drink, you are either feeding disease or fighting it. ~ Heather Morgan
You might be interested in my Nutrition Blog Posts:
- 20 Ways to Prevent Raynaud’s Phenomenon
- 5 Airplane Travel Wellness Tools: Practical Ways to Stay Healthy
- 7 Fundamentals of Functional Wellness: Address the Root Cause not the Symptoms
- Adaptogenic Grain-Free Banana Chocolate Muffins
- Avoid Osteoporisis by Building Bone Strength and Flexibility
- Brain Healing with The Wahls Protocol
- Chocolate Chaga Brain Cookies
- Daily Wellness for Lifestyle Disease Prevention
- Eye Health: Wellness Habits for Great Vision as You Age
- Functional Mushroom Benefits: Are Fungii Your Key to Anti-Aging and Anti-Cancer?
- Healing an Injury: How to Speed Your Recovery Using Functional Wellness
- Healthy Water and Hydration for Optimal Wellness and Longevity
- Homeopathic Remedies for Wellness and Detox
- Hydration: How to Get the Right Water and Electrolytes
- Intermittent Fasting Basics: Benefits and How To Eat Less Often for Better Health
- Lower Cholesterol Naturally: Beyond Exercise and Diet
- Magnesium: A Major Magic Mineral for Wellness
- Natural Skin Health: Create Glowing, Beautiful Skin From the Inside Out
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Your Key to a Healthy Brain and a Strong Heart
- Oxytocin and Orgasm: Your Natural Antidepressant and Anti-Aging Remedy
- Perimenopause and Menopause: How to Sparkle and Slide Through the Second Half of Life
- Phase 1 Liver Detox
- Phase 2 Liver Detox
- Preparing For Surgery: A Functional Wellness Approach
- Preventing Alzheimer’s: How to Implement Dr. Dale Bredesen’s Lifestyle Interventions to Reverse Cognitive Decline
- Science of Hunger: 9 Ways to Control and Satiate Your Hunger
- Spirulina and Chlorella: Superfood Algae for Energy and Detox
- The Beauty of Hair: What Your Hair Tells You About Your Wellness
- Tinnitus: Natural Remedies to Stop Ear Ringing
- Understanding Cancer with Dr Jason Fung: A Guide to Being a Horrible Host for Cancer Cells
- Understanding Your Hormones: Drug-Free Actions to Optimize Your Hormone Wellness
- Vitamin D for Optimal Wellness and Longevity