Why Use an Ionic Detox Foot Bath?
Detoxification is crucial to your ability to feel better not older. As we live our lives, our bodies are constantly exposed to and creating compounds that are harmful to our cells if they linger too long. Our lymphatic system, the body’s trash removal system, moves toxins out of the body but it sometimes needs help accessing the toxins that have gotten stuck inside our cells. An Ionic Detox Foot Bath assists in drawing toxins our of the cells so the lymph system can work more effectively.
How Does an Ionic Detox Foot Bath Work?
The Ionic Detox Foot Bath creates negative ions to be absorbed through your feet. These negative ions are drawn into the body to split up the chemical bonds that bind the toxins and free radicals to our tissues. Once the toxins are detached, the lymphatic system can move them out of the body. The Ionic Detox Foot Bath is an enabler and a stimulant for your body’s natural self-cleansing – rather like getting someone to help you open a tightly closed jar lid so you can make the delicious dinner.
What To Expect During Your Ionic Detox Foot Bath
During an Ionic Detox Foot Bath, your feet immerse in “as warm as you can take” water in order to be most effective. Sea salt is added to the water to create an electrolyte solution which increases the effectiveness of the detoxification stimulation. An array of metal plates is placed into the water with your feet. A small electrical current is created in the water by the array – enough to create the negative ions that are about to help you. You may or may not feel a tingle at the water’s edge or throughout your feet as the negative ions do their job.
During your session, you will be using the Ionic Balancer Detox Foot Bath. Zoa will select the appropriate ionizing metal plate array to match your body size. Together we will test the water temperature and the salt level for comfort and detoxification effectiveness.
The water will turn colors throughout your foot bath. It will at least turn brown from the process which is making the negative ions (like rust) and even that will depend on the mineral content of the water used. When you see additional colors like black, orange, white and green, those are coming from your body and are all beneficial in nature.
Preparing for Your Ionic Detox Foot Bath
The Ionic Detox Foot Bath works best when you have nothing that is electrical attached to your body or touching your skin. You will want to remove your fitness/wellness tracker and other wearable technology before putting your feet into the foot bath. If you have jewelry, piercings, metal rods, pins, screws, or other inert additions to your body, the ionic foot bath will not harm them and will be 100% effective.
People Who Should Not Use the Ionic Detox Foot Bath
- Organ Transplant Recipients – The body is always on the hunt for invaders in its efforts to protect you. Let’s not give your body any reasons to suspect your new organ is an invader ok?
- Electrically Active Implant Recipients – If you have a pacemaker, defibrillator, or other medical implant that uses electricity in order to function, you will need give Zoa a medical release form from your supervising doctor
- Pregnant or Nursing Mothers – Motherhood is a time when you are busy creating or feeding a young one. It is not the time to be encouraging your body’s toxins to mobilize and enter your baby’s body.
Things to do After Your Ionic Detox Foot Bath
- Drink water to help your lymphatic and fascia systems move the toxins through your body to the proper exits (your gut and your sweat)
- Get electrolytes into the body to help your body detox – not because you lost good stuff to the foot bath. BEAM Minerals has 2 great liquid electrolyte supplements which includes 70+ important things for your body to function optimally
- Work to detox your lifestyle!